After arriving at our headquarters in Middleton-in-Teesdale, you will meet your experienced instructor who will give you a brief introduction. We will kit you out with reinforced wetsuits (designed to keep you cosy & your knees nicely padded), buoyancy aids, fins & a helmet.
Before being let loose on the water with your hydrospeed, all budding hydrospeeders complete an activity assessment so we can make sure you’re confident enough in the water. Then once you’re been given the all clear, we give you your hydrospeed board & we’re ready to get started.
After a lesson in the water on how to steer, stop and read the river, you will follow your instructor down the river, learning about duck-diving, surfing, rolling and spinning. You will also learn about dealing with the currents and manoeuvring yourself (and your sledge) around obstacles.
But don’t forget to take in the amazing scenery & breathtaking experience. Trust us you will thank us for it later!
- Activity location – High Force, Alston Road, Middleton-in-Teesdale, Forest-in-Teesdale, DL12 0XH
- Minimum age – 7 years old
- We cater for Groups, Families and Individuals
- Clothing required are towel, shorts and bathing costume. Footwear with laces are required to be worn
- Wetsuits and safety equipment are provided
- Time of activity: We advise allowing at least 3 hours for your experience. This includes pre-arrival time, your session on the water (including an activity assessment) and time to change afterwards.
Still have some questions? Why not check out our Common FAQ page here